Set up an event and start selling tickets online is quick and easy with Mi-id’s ticketing software. Below we will guide you through all the steps on how to set up an event and sell tickets online in a matter of minutes.
If you have not created a Mi-id account you can create one here or read more about creating one here.
Before you start, make sure you have a few details ready like your events name, starting/ending time and date, details on what makes your event great and your event’s banners to make your event stands out.
1. Create an Event Organiser Account.
In order for you to create an event and start selling tickets online, you will need to convert you normal Mi-id account into an event organiser account. To do this click on “create event” on the top navigation.
2. Fill in your company details
In order for you to convert your normal Mi-id account into and Event Organiser account, you will need to fill in a few details about your business or event. Some of these details are required in order to continue and some you can fill in at a later time.
- Company name: You can use or company name, event name or if you do not have one, your name. Anything to tell us who you are.
- Email address: This will need to be the email address that you first used when you created your Mi-id an account. If you use the wrong email address, it will redirect you back to the home page.
- Telephone: We will need to contact you from time to time to give you updates about your event and ticket sales.
- Secondary name, telephone number & email: This is not required but it will be a good idea to fill it out in case we cannot get hold
- Banking details: We require these in order to pay out the money you have made selling tickets online. Please make sure they are correct as we cannot take responsibility if the incorrect details that are filled in here.
3. Adding an event from your event organiser dashboard
Now that you have filled in your company details you will have access to your event organiser dashboard. From here you can add events, add tickets to these events, edit your event details, monitor sales and generate reports.
To create an event click on the “Add Event” link in the left-hand navigation.
4. Fill in your event’s details
From this screen, you will be able to add all your event’s details that will appear on your events Mi-id page. The more details you fill in here about your event, the more likely it is that customers will purchase your tickets.
When filling in your event details take note of the points below.
- Event Name: Your event’s name will appear on the Mi-id search pages, Google as well as your event’s page. Use the same event name that will appear in your other marketing channels and social media. Use a unique name and not something generic like “Fund Raiser”
- Event Banner: Use a high-quality image for your event banner. It will be the first thing that your customers see when landing on your event’s page. A low-quality image can be a bad reflection on your event.
- Ticket and app image: This image will appear on the tickets your customers receive after making their purchase on the Mi-id website. It will also appear on the Mi-id app when scanning tickets. Make sure you use a high-quality image with a ratio of 1:1
- Short Description: Get to the point here. When your customer’s land on your event’s page you only have a few seconds to grab their interest. This should summerise your event in one or two sentences.
- Long Description: You should go into as much detail as possible here. Answer any questions that your customers might ask before they ask it. Elaborate on details such as the venue, the artists that might be performing or the food that might be on sale.
- Start time and end time: Set the time and date that your event will start and end. Take note of this as you will need the same information when setting up your tickets.
- Address: Enter the address where your event will take place
- Event Type: Select which category your event will fall into. This will help when customers are searching for your event or browsing the Mi-id website.
- Hidden Events: You can choose to hide your event from the Mi-id search by selecting “Hidden Events” From the event category list.